Book Your Group Surf Lesson
Join a small group in a 2h collective lesson of up to 5 surfers who match your age and ability.
You can also book for a group of up to 8 friends/family.
All levels welcome from beginner to expert. Available all year round.
/ starting at 50€
So what’s it all about?
Less students per instructor means more personalised lessons, more focus on you, and more progression. That’s why our collective lessons have a maximum capacity of 5 students.
Group classes are a great way to improve your surfing, meet other surfers of your age/ability, and cheer each other on! From first time standing up to nailing those technical carves, we’ll be in the water with you; teaching, coaching, filming, and making sure you have a fun, safe session.
Drop into a group for one session or join the group for as long as you like. Bring your crew! We offer group bookings for parties of up to 8 people.
We will provide you with Surfboards for all levels. Also we have wetsuits for all seasons, plus hoods, booties, and gloves for winter.
We have a private mini bus so that we can move from the meeting point if we need to change spots.
Raphael is your experienced, friendly, local surf guide who has a French Surfing Federation Instructor Diploma, a Federal Surf Coach Diploma and a First Aid & Life Saving (surf specific) Diploma – renewed every year.
We can film/photograph you to help progress your techniques and as a little souvenir to take home.
Pricing and Booking
|1 lesson||2 - 9 lessons||10 lessons|
|1st Apr to 31st Oct||50€ / person||40€ / person||37€ / person|
|1st Nov to 31st Mar||50€ / person||50€ / person||50€ / person|
From our gallery
Here is what we have been up to in our recent group surf lessons 😉 Tag your photos on Instagram and on facebook with #surfguideshossegor to get on the gallery!
Warning: preg_match(): Compilation failed: invalid range in character class at offset 12 in /homepages/5/d757149795/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/shortcodes/vc-basic-grid.php on line 184
Your Group Surf Lesson - Where And When
Surf Guides is a mobile surf school based in Hossegor, Capbreton, and Seignosse.
Here are some more details about how our group surf lessons work and how to book.
When would you like to surf?
- Surf Guides is open all year round! Head to the booking page to check availability on our calendar.
- Select the date of your first lesson, number of surfers, and how many lessons you would like to take. Then Book!
- If you are taking more than one lesson, there is a message box for you to write when you would like to take the rest of lessons.
- Please note that we need at least 2 surfers to run a group lesson. Therefore, it is not possible to choose a specific time at booking. We may adjust the time and date of your booking to form a group.
- You will receive a confirmation email with an enrolment form and our terms and conditions to send back or bring to your lesson.
What happens next?
- You will receive an email and a text message a few days before your first lesson. This is to remind you to contact your guide. Raphael will confirm your meeting place, date, and time, wetsuit size, age, level etc.
- The time has come for your lesson! Raphael will meet you and your group at the arranged point and give you the best equipment for your surf adventure. Now it’s time to follow him and his expert local knowledge into the water!
- If you are taking more than one lesson, you will have plenty of time to chat and discuss the timings and locations of your following lessons. We will take into account the weather, the rest of your group, your level, and what you enjoyed during the first lesson.
Where will we surf?
- Surf Guides is based in Capbreton/Hossegor, but we are flexible! Thanks to our private mini bus we can move to different surf spots to adapt to the ever changing conditions of our beautiful ocean.
Beaches for your group surf lessons :
- Soorts-Hossegor: La Sud, La Nord, La Centrale, La Graviere, Les Naturistes
- Seignosse: Les Gardians, Les Estagnots, Les Bourdaines, Le Penon, L'Agréou, Les Casernes
- Capbreton: Notre-Dame, Le Prévent, Santocha, La Piste, Les VVF, la Pointe
On this surf map are our 5 official meeting points (your meeting point can be adjusted if needed):