Book Your Guided Surf Adventure
Head away from the crowds and discover the beautiful beaches of Les Landes on a half or full day guided surf trip.
All levels welcome from beginner to expert. Available all year round.
/ starting at 50€
So what’s it all about?
Maybe you’ve already surfed in Hossegor a thousand times and you want to try somewhere new? Maybe you can confidently surf on your home beach but you need some guidance in this new area? Or maybe you just fancy a day trip!
At Surf Guides we offer full and half day guided trips in Les Landes and the Basque Country. Just give us a call to discuss what you have in mind, and we will tailor the trip for you. Then hop in our mini bus and off you go!
Sit back, relax, and let your experienced local guide (Raph) take you off the beaten track. You will discover new places, and find the best waves of the day with coaching and advice along the way.
We welcome all levels on our guided adventures and are happy for “non surfers” to come along and soak up the sites.
It’s time to experience your unique surf adventure!
> The answers to our most frequently asked questions.
Our half day surf guiding trips are 4 hours, and our full day surf guiding trips are 8 hours.
Your adventure is tailored for you and every surf trip is different! You will check the best spots of the day and learn how they work. Jump in for 1-3 surf sessions in 1-3 beautiful locations. Take in the sights during breaks for snacks, lunch, and that all important recovery chill!
Our private mini bus will pick you up, take you on your adventure, and drop you off again.
We will provide you with Surfboards for all levels. We also have wetsuits for all seasons, plus hoods, booties, and gloves for winter. You are welcome to use your own equipment.
Raphael is your experienced, friendly, local surf guide who has a French Surfing Federation Instructor Diploma, a Federal Surf Coach Diploma and a First Aid & Life Saving (surf specific) Diploma – renewed every year.
We can film/photograph you to help progress your techniques and as a little souvenir to take home.
Pricing and Booking
|4 hours||trip of 5 surfers max||starting at 300€ // contact us for more details|
|8 hours||trip of 5 surfers max||starting at 500€ // contact us for more details|
Your Guided Surf Adventure - Where And When
Surf Guides is a mobile surf school based in Hossegor, Capbreton, and Seignosse. Our guided trips take place in this area and further North or South.
Here are some more details about how our surf guiding works and how to book.
When would you like to surf?
- If you have any questions or special requests, please just give Raph a call. We are happy to try and customize your adventure by adding more days, or surfing in a specific location.
- Surf Guides is open all year round! Head to the booking page to check availability on our calendar.
- Select the date and length (4 or 8h) of your guided trip, and number of surfers (1 - 4). We are more than happy for “non-surfing” friends and family. So they can come along and soak up the sites, you can select this option on the booking page. Then Book!
- You will receive a confirmation email with an enrolment form and terms and conditions to sign and send back or bring on the day.
- Your guide, Raphael, will give you a call to discuss and plan your guided surf day. Then we will customize and tailor it for you. He will also ask where you would like to be collected from.
What happens next?
- You will receive an email and a text message a few days before your trip. This is to remind you to contact your guide. Raphael will re-confirm your meeting place, date, time, wetsuit size, age, level etc.
- The time has come for your adventure! Raphael will pick you up at the arranged point, in the Surf Guides private mini bus, and give you the best equipment for your surf adventure. Now it’s time to follow him and his expert local knowledge into the water in new and exciting locations!
- If you are taking more than one guided day, you will have plenty of time to chat and discuss the timings and locations of your following days. Raph will be taking into account the weather, your level, and what you enjoyed during the first trip.
Where will we surf?
- Surf Guides is based in Capbreton/Hossegor, but we are flexible! Thanks to our private mini bus we can move to different surf spots to adapt to the ever changing conditions of our beautiful ocean.
Beaches for lessons and surf guiding days:
- Soorts-Hossegor: La Sud, La Nord, La Centrale, La Graviere, Les Naturistes
- Seignosse: Les Gardians, Les Estagnots, Les Bourdaines, Le Penon, L'Agréou, Les Casernes
- Capbreton: Notre-Dame, Le Prévent, Santocha, La Piste, Les Océanides, la Pointe
Destinations for surf guiding days and special requests only:
- Pays-Basque Français: Labenne, Tarnos, Anglet, Biarritz, Bidart, Guethary, SaintJean-de-Luz, Socoa, Hendaye
- Pays-Basque Espagnol
- Other locations may be possible on request
On this surf map are our 7 official meeting points (your meeting point can be adjusted if needed):